Tuesday 14 September 2010

School, Shroomies, Salamander and Toad

     Yesterday's weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot with the smell of fruit in the air. So we did what I like to do most on days like this, we gathered up and went to search for mushrooms. As usual we drove about 30 minutes to the forest we like most, where we have our "fields" of mushrooms, those being the spots of the forest where we usually find one or two. Lyra and I run around like crazy, playing in the mudd and in the bushes while the people walk around. I am a funny pup tho, I never wander off to far, if I get more then ten meters away, I run back to my owners. Weird, but very good I hear. I met a toad, a big fat brown one, that kept hopping around, and when I tried to sniff her, she tried to pee on me haha, good thing I reacted and moved, since aparently it's acid and can really burn the eyes. We also met a salamander, which are indicators of cleaningness, they are rare if the forests are polluted, so I am glad our forests are clean.

there is a beautiful salamander behind me in the tree 
(look at how sleepy I am hihi)


      I have perfected mushroom gathering, I have learnt how to put my paw on them and flip them over without breaking or scratching the caps. It's the season for those perfect brown Porcinos, which is on top of Cantharellus the only mushroom we pick, it's quite hard to find any since they are the same color as leaves on the ground that have dropped off the trees. But when we spot a big one, it goes, if there is two - there is three, we always search for it's brothers and Magnus, Maja and me found the perfect little family of them, I found the third one by myself, if I didn't dig there to smell we'd have never found the third one hidding under the leaves, and next to that one there were four tiny ones, so adorable we just had to take a picture of our find. 

     We slept till late morning today, slacking and relaxing as much as we could since we were truly exhausted from yesterdays trip and in the afternoon I went to school again, where I really behaved, I was so pretty and it seems sometimes that I look older then I am, size and brain development wise hehe. Now I'm off to bed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment