Monday 25 June 2012

Wish for rain...

...and rain shall come! Today, we started walking up around 13:30, it was very cloudy and not as hot as the previous days. We could feel a few rindrops, but nothing to be annoyed with enough to take an umbrella. Even with those clouds, the air was very hot and we had to make stops when walking. When we arrived, Maja, her mom and I, we went down to the pool and sorted out the flower beds and the huge Hydrangea bush, hidden under another tree, which we just cut away completely. I ofcourse was in charge of the branches, they needed to be all over the place and not in one pile, that's how I like it hihi. So I took my time, grabbing the cut ones and pulling them ou t of baskets also.

But when Maja and I decided to take the basket and the branches down to the forest, the rain started a bit again. We walked down ad we checked out the plants and the vegetables, but as soon as we stepped foot at the Peach tree, the rain started pouring down like mad. We were completely soaked. It was fun, we went down again after a while when rain stopped and sorted the garden, but the rain kept comming back...We did manage to give the peach tree the espalier look and a summer cut, so they will grow healthy and give us many peaches, while staying a small tree in a pretty shape.

While we went inside the house and ate a bit, I was abnormally cranky, I kept whining and making this strange sounds, and I barked at thunder. The humans didn't know what is going on with me, but I eventually got around to show Maja what I want. I wanted to run around in the rain and not sit inside, it's not hot today, lets get all muddy!

So we left and walked home in the pouring rain, and WHOA what fun that was! I was dripping wet, running around getting dirty, I loved it! I love it when it's cooler and I can breathe normally.
Finally some rain! The garden won't be dry and I get to normally sleep and play during the day. It will probably not rain for long but atleast the temperatures are 20 and not 30, so much more fun. When we got home I got my favorite dinner, rice, kibble and some sauce from cat food for the extra kick. I went crazy on the bed trying to get some water off and now I'm sleeping like a puppy on Mags' pillow hihi.

Great prolonged weekend this was, man oh man did I walk and run, slept and ate, barked and played, hihi but the rain, the rain was very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment