Sunday 2 June 2013

Ears again

My owners were supposed to go to a gala event yesterday, with all the mayors and prime minister being there, they were invited by a family friend who's lifetime achievement in art it was, but...
as they were getting ready, Maja was in the bath after sorting her curls and make up and Mags ran out for some quick food before getting into a suit, I ran into the bathroom all bent down and swallen. My face seemed as if I suffered a stroke. But it was a mild case of Horner's syndrome lookalike, with my droopy eye showing I was in pain. My owners quickly cancelled all their plans, got a ride to the vets office and off we went. I hated it, I hated being inspected, I went into complete hysteria, I was in pain and not in the mood to be examined, but I was really scared also. It's so awful when my eyes swell up, I can't see properly and I get all weak really fast. So my owners asked for a painkiller shot and I also got an antiobiotic shot. I can honestly say, I do not like needles hehe.As instructed, we had to clean my ears with some new smelly solution, which did wonders, best cleaner we had so far, and come back the next day. After the meds kicked in, I felt like a completely new dog, my eye was getting back to normal, I had tons of energy, and no matter how many times I smacked myself into things, it didn't hurt. Hihi, that was fun, and then, I slept like a baby.

Today I was crying and begging for food, but my owners denied me, I was instructed to go back to bed and sleep. I didn't understand why, but then I realised we are going to the vet again, so that made sense. In case I have to be put under anestesia or give blood, I had to be with an empty stomach, oh the dread!

We checked out the ears, I was a good boy, the entire examination took 5 minutes and then it was talk talk talk while I waited. I have been given medication again, antibiotics, antifungal antibiotics and painkiller pills. We have a new vet examination on wednesday, boo. Ears looked infected, but the eardrums don't seem to be punctured or gone like the last time, so that is great news, now we need to clean out the ears with two diffirent solutions twice per day, which I can honestly say I hate from the bottom of my heart haha.
After the vet visit, my owners thought it would be good if we drove up to see Tara and Emma, to cheer me up. I was so hungry, but happy to see them, the girls sniffed me knowing something was wrong, Tara even cried when she ran to me. Us dogs, we stick together hehe.
Half way thru the lunch, Maja gave me a painkiller pill to swallow, and since I was so hungry I was happy to just chew it up haha. We decided to walk down, so I destressed a little and then I ate like a king, man oh man did I lick my bowl after haha. And then we slept, all of us, napped for three hours, all of us completely exhausted from worry.

Mags is making Maja the cake she loves so much, the norwegian spunge cake with strawberries or as they call it Bløtkake med jordbær which is just divine! I am ofcourse the main cream cleaner hihi, I get to lick the spoons while Maja is sneakingly giving me my antibiotics in between licks haha. No complaints hihi. We are celebrating her birthsday tomorrow and we are loving the fact he is making us cake, hihi.

Well the medication just kicked in and I am asleep as a rock, actually all us three boys are sleeping on the bed in one big pile hehe. In 30 minutes the cake will be cooled of and ready for completion, yum yum, I am so going to get some of the stuff that is being put in since I am ill and poor me hihi.

The day is turning out to be less stressful and very tasty! Hihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment