Sunday 14 August 2011

The trip to Logar Valley

The magnificant panorama of the Logar Valley

    Early saturday morning, breakfast and the car safety belt. That can only mean one thing! Roadtrip yippppyyyy. We packed towels (yes I tend to get wet and dirty hihi), blanket for the car seat, sandwiches and waters, phone rang, it was Klemen, I barked...crazy happy excited I started running around the house showing how much I wanna go already, what is taking so long. And so we went, driving about an hour thru Slovenia, among the fields between the mountain cliffs, we finally arrived at the mouth of the most beautiful valley in this country. It just opens up, with white mountain tops gently covered by trees at their feet. What magnificant nature. The Logar valley is the flattest valley I have ever walked, leading all the way up to the waterfall of the river we have in our town, but this water is crystal clear and cold. It's a national park, with romatic little pathways thru the area, which lead to the water fall if you don't take the direct road. We walked about 2 hours to get to the waterfall, meeting people and dogs, played and then I found the best thing...oh yes, the best smelling thing a dog can find in nature...horse poop! Oh my owners weren't happy, I just dived into it, started rubbing my ears in it hihi... the speed of me being pulled away from it was like the lightening, followed by laugher from the people around. Oh come on, can't a dog have a good nature scent. Haha. After a bit, we walked and actually met the creatures who provide such a good smell, hihi, I have met horses and a donkey! Never seen a horse upclose or a donkey in my life. I was scared and sceptic about them, which is good, I didn't invade their privacy, I just looked at them and respected them from afar. After the intial fear, I saw they weren't there to harm anyone, so I just enjoyed their presence and didn't get bothered at all, but I never barked at them, I was polite and so were they.
Already dipped into water and ready to walk
Being calm with other animals
Rehydrating is important hihi
Dry riverbed I was exploring
The waters in the summer subside under the land, making the riverbeds look like a rocky road, I had to explore everything ofcourse hihi. We walked over the road onwards the forest patch and met a big touristic cottage, where a lot of people were and even tho all dogs are supposed to be on a leash, I was kept free most of the time since I behave so well and tourists seemed to enjoy it, comments about how good and trained I am could be heard from people walking by.

Small reststop for people

Here we ate and played, pretty nature
First dip into water a few meters from waterfall Rinka
The water was too cold even for me
And a few pictures Klemen took, so one can see the magnificent nature.
Pascal team
Okay one of me, since I am just supercute
Right before the waterfall, see how behaved I am hihi
Magnus being showered with icy fresh waterfall

What a beautiful day so far. After walking uphill for 20 minutes, we finally got to the waterfall, where the wind was quite strong and the spraying of the cold water got us all soaked hehe. And since I had to explore the surrounding areas, I let go of my ball which the water took down and Magnus had to climb down to get it hehe, but we got it back. A movie right before I let go of the ball.


The waterfall Rinka from afar
 The area was filled with tourists, and the rocky paths were wet and overcrowded, but we got our turn to see it and we safely checked it out. We started walking back, down the steep path from the waterfall when all of sudden, it started raining, and I mean raining, pouring down like mad. Which was quite crazy since we were about 10 kilometers from our parked car hehe. We had to walk really fast by the road to try and get there as soon as possible. We were soaked and tired, since we just walked around 5 hours haha. Fun but cold and wet hihi. We wanted to make a few more stops on the road to see other things we planned, but since we got all wet we had to skip them and plan to do it another day, which is even better since we now have to come back to this area and enjoy the scenery again.

So to sum it up, today I did the following:
- Saw my first waterfall
- Saw a horse and a donkey upclose for the first time
- Enjoyed a good horse poop dive for the first time hihi
- Walked thru one of the national parks for the first time

What an exciting day. Now I am sleeping like a bug, all warm and happy on my pillow on the bed, next to Mag's foot, being hugged by Liza and dreaming of the things I saw today. I also forgot to mention we have baby fish which I can't even see since they r such tiny babies still, but lots of animal love in this house hihi. Cannot wait till the new advanture.

No comments:

Post a Comment