Tuesday 2 August 2011

Huge scare

I was spoiled by a nice dinner tonight, rice with wet dog food from a bag. Almost instantly my owners started looking at me very funny, observing me and inspecting me. My eyes were red and swallen, the inner eye was covering half of my lens and within a few minutes they turned back to normal. Really creepy.
A few hours later I started getting really bad diarrhea, it was just running out of me. All day I had diarrhea but this evening, it turned into water and slime. And soon after I started womitting, badly. First the undigested food and later foam and water. I was drooling and could barely move around, that was going on for a few hours, I was completely exhausted and lifeless, they tried to take me for some fresh air, but I was walking without energy so we made only a few steps before we turned home. I didn't want to drink water and we feared dehydration. So my owners forced some water into me with a syringe tube. We almost called the emergency vet, I have never been like this before. It was really scary.

About an hour later I got up and drank, my eyes were clear and happy. I wanted to play a little so we did, womitting stopped and now I am just walking around a little, my owners are just glad that whatever I ate, has hopefully gone out and tomorrow we wont be in such worries as tonight, if I am not myself, we will go visit Dr. Rok and the gang at our vet's office. But so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment