Sunday 7 August 2011

Cottage trip

Two days ago, we decided to walk a little longer, to cleanse our bodies and refresh in the minty air of the nearby hills. The town we live, was built in the valley of surrounding hills, where in the medieval times people built pyres to signal the attacks of invaders to the city castle. Our destination was the Cottage of Celje, which is only 650m above sea level, yet quite a walk from the bottom where we started. We traveled about 20 kilometers there and back, taking a few pauses and drink breaks. We passed an old Beech tree, which is belived to be around 300 years old, it's huge and has a little water spring running under it, where we got to refill the bottles.
The 300 year old beech behind me




Suprisingly there was a lot of people walking the same path, which isn't the easiet to walk for non sportsmen, when you begin you need to walk up a lot of stairs, which are made from logs, making it hard to run up. I was off leash all the time, while Lyra, who came with, was always on the leash since she likes to bark at people. I behaved and didn't bother anyone who passed us by or walked behind, I just enjoyed the scenery and company.

the starting steps, many of them

We met loads of animals on the way, and while we were curious, poor little Lyra came a little too close to the electric fence and got spiked, she cried, but mostly since she got scared, I was kept away from it not to learn the lesson also hihi. I get very curious over livestock, I want to befrend everyone and most of the big animals don't trust dogs, smartly so, since some of us can hurt them I guess. But I was allowed to stare and observe the funny creatures munching on the grass.
If I am not allowed to play with them, I lose intrest hehe

So we took a few pictures of me in the view of the green surroundings and headed home almost in the dark. The trip took us around 4 hours and we were really nicely tired afterwards, so the best part followed, dinner and sleep hihi.
Posing in front of the castle and the valley between
Pretty dog in pretty nature, doesn't get better then that:)

After a good nights rest, we had to get up early and meet with Maja's family for some good old fashioned mushroom picking. It's been a lovely trip, where we found baby shroomies and ran in the forest with Lyra, chasing eachother and fetching sticks and branches.
But I have forgotten to add another very funny movie, which we made after the fridge we won at the coca cola competition arrived and got unpacked, I played the destructive polarbear (with permission hihi) and made holes into the packing. I am strong and powerful hihi. Magnus thought me how the polarbears puncture ice when hunting for seals, so I used the same strategy on the carton and it worked! I made a hole and started bitting the parts away. So much fun destroying things when owners allow it hihi.
Helped putting things in, made sure it was all fresh

And here I helped with recycling hihi



No comments:

Post a Comment