Monday 25 March 2013

Spring...

...has not yet arrived. Even though we had a lot of sunny days and we did a lot of work at our little garden project, yesterday it surprised us with snow again. Tulips have started developing, saphrons were blooming and then the amazing white carpet of snow was layed upon our forests. Today was no diffirent, huge snow flakes have been dropping from the sky non stop and apperently it will be the same tomorrow. I love snow, we take these long walks or even go up to visit the doggies, but I did enjoy helping digging the roots out again and having fun with the sticks in the sun.

Magnus has been having fun burning old wood piles we gathered from cutting and pruning, but Emma and I, not so much. When we smelled the smoke, we did something my owners were very surprised at, we ran up to the pool, which is a pond at the moment haha, and dipped in, in case of fire or smoke reaching us. Very intelligent we are, hihi.

Even though we were supposed to be lazy and rest today, we couldn't resist, we put on our winter gear and walked thru the forest to the vineyards. I love snow! It was fun, but tiring. But it's great that we get so tired, I have learnt that if I whine for food really early in the morning, I mean really early like 5 am, my owners are so sleepy they forget that they fed me and I get double breakfast haha. Been doing it for the past two nights, poor people haha. They have figured me out though hihi.

So thats how it was this past 10 days, lots of work and fun, mostly really sunny outside with temperatures above 10 degrees and now, it's snow and cold. We took some pictures of the area we are starting to work on, where we played by the brook.

Tara and Emma watching us from the top of the "ziggurat"
Diving for snowballs which Mags threw me
Snow gathering on Tara's back, crazy snowfall today
Emma too lazy to walk down to us to play hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment