Tuesday 5 March 2013

Lyra sleepover

We are doggysitting Lyra since sunday, and she has chosen her spot on Magsys pillow, so now we are both royaly sleeping on the bed, snorring and having fun. However my health isn't the best and after yesterdays action packed day, I have been feeling very rotten and tired.
The day started out great, we woke up, ate, napped for a bit after the food to calm our tummies down and then we played. Soon after my owners got dressed into their winter gear and off we went to the vineyards. Snow is really hard and icy, but it was such a nice sunny day. Afternoon was perfect, they were planting plants and I was running around, stealing sticks from their wood shack and being cute and happy. Lyra decided to take a walk every now and then but returned when called. Untill she didn't. So we got worried and went to look for her, Emma and I put our noses on the ground and started tracking, Eventually we found her and walked up, but we lost Magnus since he went another way. It was almost dark and we were all very tired, we didn't expect the crazy girl would make us walk so much after such a long day haha. Once Magsy came out of the forest we headed up to the house and when we were offered a ride, we gladly accepted it, Lyra and I fell asleep in the car hehe. When we got home, we got dinner and both of us went directly to bed hehe.

I was in a lot of pain yesterday, couldn't even move and I was really cranky. It was the first time I got cranky and showed I didn't want to be even touched by anyone, so I was left alone and rested. Lyra and I slept for 14 hours before we woke up haha. We got our breakfasts today and went back to bed. I chew my antibiotics like a good boy and even though I am in a lot of pain, I don't complain much anymore since yesterday when my mouth is being cleaned with the medical wipes. Once I get a little more rest I should be back to normal cheerful me.

But the illness is taking it's toll on me and sadly I cannot be the polite playful companion for a bit, so Lyra who was supposed to be here till tomorrow is going home tonight. Which is a shame, but health comes before anything else.

As promised we took some pictures of my new hairdo, which is starting to grow out already, but it's still very practical in this weather. The snow is still huge, but with the sunny days ahead it should completely disappear and let the spring be as magical as it can be.

Hair before the cut
Even with new short hair, snow sticks to my fur
Hair grown out a bit, spring flowers in our brook
Posing for camera
Sitting on a pile of wood where we plan to make a garden

No comments:

Post a Comment