Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sophie day

Today we were dogsitting Sophie, from morning till early afternoon. Even though she has never been here in the house for such a long time, when she arrived we hit it right of. At first I did have to implement some rules on how rough I allow to play and as soon as she saw I am more of a gentle soul, we played and played and played!

This was us before Sophie came, resting and recharging for a long energic day, as you can see, Maja's side of the bed is sometimes occupied when she gets up / before she comes to sleep hihih
We need a bigger king sized bed I think hihi

I have this really lazy morning routine, I don't get out of bed before 9 am, when it's food time and I like to sleep a little after food. But today, I got food early and I was so lazy when she got here at 9 am, that the poor girl had to nose nunge me a few times before I started chasing her around hihi.
My smart owners prepared the bed with the green blanket, which every dog that comes for a visit absolutely loves to play on with me. And this way my owners think the bed will stay clean, haha what a mistake to think that. No pillow is safe and digging under the cover is just more fun.

After an hour of racing and drinking a lot of water, my owners said it was time for a quick morning walk, so we went, we peed loads and aired out the stress of Sophie not being with her owners.
My optimistic owners thought that that will calm us down and we might have a morning nap - wrong! Hihihi. Playtime! Oh yeah!

We did have small breaks between chases and playing, but only to kiss and snuggle for a few seconds or to get a snack hihi, no time to waste when it's so much fun!
After a few hours of running and looking like we just cannot stop playing, owners said we are going for a long walk to burn some energy, which we did, we went all the way up heart's road and down the hill followed by the crossing of the bridge and runing next to the river. Which ofcouse we both wanted to swim in hihi. Afterall, it is 5 degrees outside, warm enough for a swim! Hihi.
We met so many dogs on the walk, from tiny 3 months old puppies to older more serious dogs, which we greeted in a polite doggy way and moved on.

As we were getting home, owners feeling good how now we are tired and will finally be able to rest, we started playing like crazy on the street under the window. Oh yeah! We did not dare to burn all the energy hihi...let the chase begin.

 The playing was little more lazy and had to be done on the pillows on the bed, since we did get a little tired...just a little tho hihi. And since my owners are just crazy about cuteness, everytime we got really adorable we got a snack...Sophie and me, we are very adorable, so we got lots and lots of snacks hihi.

And then, the impossible happened. Sophie and I got tired!
 The unimaginable!
Rare moments

 No worries! We only slept 10 minutes hihi, after that it was Hiroshima on the bed again hihi!
At around 3 pm in the afternoon, Sophies owner came to get her, we were both exhausted and happy.
Who would expect we would get along so well, we usually had to have little discussions when she got rough on the walks, but now, after today I have to admit, she is an amazing girl hihi.

My owners were proud, I was such a gentlemen:
- I cleaned her ears to show affection
- Made her feel welcome with my toys
- Let her drink first
- Allowed her to kick me and pull my ears

and most of all...
- I kissed her all the time


Oh did I mention it was raining outside...you know what that means....Oh yeaaaaaah, mud, dirt and wet pawprints on the parquet and bedding hihihi. Being a dog is awesome! And you get cookies for it ...
all in all a fanastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment