Saturday 16 April 2011

Pre bday!

An hour and a half left before I become a one year old dog! It's here, my birthday has come...almost hihi. My owners are having fun with it, they baked me a cake haha. I know, quite a crazy thing to do for a puppy but I guess they love to celebrate all the beautiful things in life. And if I can be honest, I am very glad, since the cake dough tastes amazing! We used this recipe:

Dog Birthday Cake
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup corn oil
  • 2 jars strained chicken baby food
  • 2 cups finely shredded carrots
  • plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 2 or 3 strips of bacon, fried crisp, then crumbled, or use bacon-flavored jerky strips, cut into bits.
Tomorrow I will celebrate my first ever bday with Tara and Emma, eating cake and wearing party hats, I hate those things, but my owners think I look adorable haha.

At the moment, we are waiting for the dough to cool down, then we will apply the vanilla yogurt and bacon crumbs on top and let it cool over night. I am very excited about this food, it really does taste amazing and I cannot believe we will eat it tomorrow, I keep spinning and twirling around the table, waiting for it to fall my way hihi. More about the cake tomorrow, need to go beg and bark for bits now, hihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment