Wednesday 30 March 2011

Liza and the post op

Past few days have been awful for Liza, our female cat, she has been very sick. Yesterday Maja and her travelled to see Dr. Rok to do some biochemichal tests and bloodwork done, since we suspected it to be Pyometra (don't click the link if you have a week stomach), basically it's an inflammation of the uterus and can lead to sepsis and death in female animals. The blood work showed she was healthy and had no infection but Maja and Magnus still requested the operation, sterilization to cure her, the vetenarian agreed with their choice and today she was taken there again. She was operated at approx 1 pm, Ed and I were acting all weird and clingy to Mags when the girls were away, we knew something was wrong and Liza would never go somewhere without all of us, so we awaited her arrival. Maja came home alone, which made us even more panicky, it's funny isn't it, how us animals feel that sort of a thing. The vets called at 3pm asking us to come get her as she was ready to come home, they showed the removed uterus to Maja, it was the size of a larger breed dog, and not a tiny cat, so they made a great decision to get her operated. Again the three boys waited for our girls to come home, safely and healthy. When the girls arrived, Liza was still very groggy and drunk from the anesthesia, she wommited and walked around all weirdly, so we weren't allowed to play with her, but ofcourse Ed being a silly fat cat he is, wanted to chase with her so he charged her and knocked her over, poor girl, but Liza being herself, she didn't care at all. Even when sick and all messed up she still got up to Ed and started cleaning him, such a loving cat. She is one of the most tolerant animals I have ever met, I can sit on her and nibble on her tail and she doesn't do anything till I get really annoying hihi, but I wasn't allowed to be playful when she was like this. Eventually she settled down and layed on top of me to keep warm, and I let her sleep, she is my friend afterall and I need to take care of her. She is resting now on the chair, she ate and drank and isn't in pain, the scar is small and covered with silver protection spray, acting as if nothing is up at all. Her eyes cleared up, unlike dogs, cats don't close their eyes when under anesthesia, so they need to be glazed with a gel to keep them lubricated and teary. So our pretty little animal family is all well and happy. We are glad that our owners love us so much that they take extra care when we get ill, even tho I have to admit I did get a bit jealous when she got so much attention, but I am sure I will soon get over it when she is being given antibiotics which noone likes to eat hihi. I did get a new toy and cookies today, so I am happy for being supportive to Liza, she loves me so much back. Oh and yes I forgot to mention, I got slapped around by Ed a few days ago, leaving me a furless scar on my eye again, since I was annoying and didn't leave him alone he was trying to teach me a lesson, which I refuse to learn hihi, no worries, the fur will grow back and noone will know I chase my cats around hihi. Long day today and time for all of us to rest. Oh wait, she is being fed again, meaning I get to steal the remains of the food when she is done, Yipppyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment