Saturday 6 July 2013

Almost a month...

Tomorrow a month has past since Mags travelled away to Norway, we miss him indescribably. 
But we have been keeping busy and doing what we love the most, spending time in nature and trying to focus on the good things, like cuddling and playing hihi. Monday we have the vets office, which I am not looking forward too, but we have been good with ear cleaning so Maja expects nice results. We do hope the eardrums are intact and we can slow down with the steroid drops. 
The garden is recovering from the heatwave, some flowers still havent gathered the strenght to bloom again, but we take care of them with plenty of water and food in forms of fertilizer. They seem happy, apart from Begonias, which are completely crazy in full bloom, and for some reason those tender little plants are becoming immune to my tail slaps haha. 

I have had the best fun yesterday, Maja and I had to dig Mags' potatos out before they get pests or start overgrowing, and I got to dig...Oh how much fun that was, I was so happy, I even ran and gathered all the rotten ones which she threw away hehe. I don't think that in all the digging work I have ever done I ever had this much fun. I barked and jumped and just wanted to search for more. If I wasn't such a clutz, my owners would let me be a rescue dog. That would be fun! 
Our first ever homegrown potatos, awesome digging fun!
Berry bushes are abundant in fruit and in full ripe soon, also the blueberries, which we built "fort knox" around haha, there is no way that we would let the birds eat all the berries this year, last year we didn't even get to taste them! They are starting to gain on the blue color, making them fat, blue and yummy. So soon! Yay!
The net fort we built to keep the birds from stealing
Yummy blueberries
The tayberry was a shocker tho, it has produced so many yummy fruits this year, that everyone is pleasantly surprised. People keep stealing them for pies and icecream before we arrive up, hehe, but we can't really be angry since we are aware they are yummy and with this plant there is plenty more the next day. The tayberry is a hybrid between a raspberry and a blackberry, but so much better then both. Emma keeps laying under the climbing bush in the shade, and since the fruits sometimes fall on the floor, she has this pretty dark pink polkadots on her fur after haha.
Third half bucket we picked so far this year
Crazy plant, so many thorns, but yummy
Not to even mention Mags' paprikas, which are just adorable, those are not immune to my tailslap as we discovered haha, but I only managed to knock one off the plant, not more. Hehe.

Mavras F1, cool colored paprika, I want to play with it hihi
The bottom part of the project is doing great also, the tobacco plants look so pretty one would grow them as decorative plants, but the sunflowers next to them are also starting to open up their yellowness making the area very adorable. 


We have so much work left on this side, but it is too hot at the moment to even attempt it. But we will soon get to it, which is exciting to think of since there will be so many roots I get to help with again hihi.
For some reason when we fed the birds during winter this year, they managed to plant so many sunflowers all over the vineyards, making it fun and less monotone with the green. We like sunflowers, me especially, I eat everything I can if I am next to it, studies show some animals eat them to reduce the insects close to them, but I think I just find it fun haha. Good thing we planted over 50, and some extra are from the birds hehe.

Most important thing down at the project is the life around us, we meet so many animals, who don't really care if we are there or not. Poor Tara has a real problem with squirrels, they provoke her so bad, poor girl can stare at one tree for hours without realising she will never ever, ever, ever, be able to catch them haha.
Patience is a virtue...in some cases haha
We also built a little working station next to the newly painted birdhouse, we used an old oak barrel front for the table, using the pipe hole as a hanging opening for tools hihi. I was so tired by the end, just by trying to bring all the sticks I could find around, that I nearly fell asleep while posing for the picture haha.
Cold shade feels nice after hard work hihi
But the thing that stayed most in my memory from this week is...I finally met him! Yes him, the thing which makes loud sounds and eats our roses. Well he ate the kiwi leaves also, and some other stuff, but as much as we should be annoyed with him eating all the rose buds, without us knowing which colors they are when they bloom, he is truly majestic. No fear at all, he walked down to us and then realised there were three dogs and humans at our spot. So he casually turned and walked the other way to get to the place where his family is. He does this everyday, poor Tara and Emma actually try and chase him, haha which makes them so tired they could sleep all day, poor silly girls. However we did meet him, I managed to sniff his track, while he was a few meters away. He was looking at Maja and me while we walked up the second vineyard and took a few moments to check us out before he decided we weren't worth the hassle hehe. And then he started hopping away, he was too fast for me to follow, which I am not allowed to anyways. My owners think we need to co-exsist, and this prevents me from running onto a street after some wild animal and getting hurt. I like it, but it's nice to track also hihi.
Such camoflage colors, what a beautiful animal!
We also met these cute fat baby birds, whose parents made a nest in the grapevines, they were silent and only had their beaks open as if we were gonna feed them, two days after the pic was taken, they were big enough to fly away.
Adorable!
So all in all, not much happening, but fun outside and relaxed days. We are never bored, but we do miss one in the pack.

Oh ps: everyone knows how pretty I am when I am clean and nicely combed. My hair is silky and shiney. Well this is me before my owners clean me up, I look like this almost everyday, I am truly a handful haha. There is a reason why I am named to be the dirtiest dog when having fun outside haha. This time I found the heaviest log I could lift to carry around. Plus my ears, oh yes, I carry my ears on top of my sticks if I have a chance haha. It was very heavy and I was very tired, but...yipppppiiii how fun it is to be dirty and free.

I met some water and mudd on the way to the project hihi

No comments:

Post a Comment