Wednesday 19 October 2011

Rabies and ears

Today was a very stressful day for me, we went to the vet to get the yearly rabies shot, but that is not all.
When we arrived, I saw where we were going and started shaking, I did not want to enter the office. Maja jokes I am like Magnus when it comes to going to the doctors office hihi. With my entire body shaking of fear, I stood on the scale and we realised I am 19,5 kilos...only hihi. If I was a normal sized cocker, I'd be fat but since I am so oversized, I look elegantly athletic. The first thing the vetenarian said was how beautifuly groomed my haircut is. We entered the exam room, where I literally wanted to jump out the window just to get away. I did not want to be there or touched. Dr. Rok listened to my heart and measured my temperature, which I HATE! Every dog does! My cute little butt is my buisness and for smelling only!

Now the awful part! My ears... I do not like when people touch my ears, Mags and Maja are the only ones who are allowed to even brush them, yes I am a sensitive boy! So the nice doctor took a look into them, and oh yes, it started...Major panic. He eventually stopped and a nice lady came in with a Otoscop to shine into my ears and look at them closely...then I went into a panic state and had to be pinned down so I wouldnt fall of the table or hurt myself...massive hysteria...such as never before seen by me.

Reason why I had to get my ears examined is because I have a bad ear infection, yeast bacteria, which swell my left ear quite badly. Maja felt really bad, since she combs my ears everyday and cleans them regulary that she missed it, but when she petted them I always made cute noises of enjoyment. And now, I have to have them disinfected and rubbed antibiotic drops in them...soooo not my thing. Boooo. The lady vetenarian Victoria, who is the girlfriend of Rok said my ears are as soft as a plush toy, that she could cuddle them all day. Hellll nooo! My ears are sacred! Such a lousy vet visit, that panic took out a lot of energy and the silly part is, when I got the shot, I didn't even feel it, honestly I didn't even notice anything being done to me, since all I wanted was to hide and go home.


My ear canal is apperently quite infected, so they prescribed Otodine ear disinfecter 3 times per week...Oh joy!

And these drops twice per day...I don't think I have ever hated anything as much as I hate ear drops and ear cleaning solutions. This will not be my best 10 days thats for sure. And to top it off, when the 10 days is over we go back to the vet for an examination. Booooo.
When any cocker owner thinks about cocker ears, they think troubles, we are very prone to infections and I consider myself lucky being only now when I got my first. There was a moment of laughter when we were in the examination room, the Vet Victoria asked if I ever get any forest seeds or grass parts stuck in my ears and fur to see if it can be an allergy...hahaha...Everytime I am outside, I bring half the forest back with me, making it quite the job for my owners to make me look "groomed" again...I am a little piglet and that's why I am so loved, cuddled and groomed...last part is not by my owners choice I guarantee you that. Maja calls me her little Barbie doll and I have already heard her say that I am getting a "puppy cut" hairdo after this vet stuff is over to avoid snowballs on my fur during winter...

But to end the post with a positive note, I got my favorite snacks at the vets and enjoyed the ride home in my fashionable seat-belt harness.

Even dipping my ears into waterbowl after is less fun :(

No comments:

Post a Comment