Sunday 6 October 2013

Good bye september

September has come to an end and so have many other things. The end of an era. Our lives as we knew them, got turned upside down, but knowing that, staying playful and cheerful is something which cannot change. Last weekend of september we had grapepicking, like every year, lots of people come by to help and eat and feed us dogs under the table hihi. However sunday was horrible rain so we had to postpone it to tuesday. And as they say, after every rain comes the sun, this again proved to be the case.
The end of my owners came as a shock to many including Maja and I was very nervous and had a lot of bad energy and sadness, dogs even growled at me as they passed me by. I didn't eat much and I didn't want to be myself for a few days, but I was and am being taken care of and played with by everyone so changes aren't so horrible. I am sad and my ears are problematic again and I fear we'll need to go see the vet again, but I am resting more, getting my ears cleaned and enjoying the extra comfort food people seem to be giving me, like today, I got non salted soup with noodles and a bit of meat bits in it. No complaints for comfort food hehe. Us animals feel the energy of people even if they want to pretend we don't, I know when people are hurting and my tail is the proof, it just won't wiggle hehe.
Maja was worried, since she didn't sleep or eat for days that she was being weak and irresponsible and us two could end up being hit by a car with her slow reflexes haha, but I know she is doing her best, so she went and got me a yellow vest to have on if its rainy or dark outside. With that there is no way drivers don't see us. It costed around 5 euros and I don't mind wearing it at all, so amazing in every way possible.
But I am much cuter then this guy haha. Pic to prove it soon!:)

On tuesday we went up to pick the grapes again and as people spoke of my owners breakup, us dogs were playing, not often do those two lazy girls chase me or Spot not hump me haha. But we ran around like crazy untill I had to lay down and nap a bit haha, those tiny dogs are way too fast for my oversized body haha. But the energy was great, it was another end of an era moment, the first time in our families history the grapes were sold of and not turned into vine. It was a magical moment for many and sad for others. We were a little sad, since the weather prevented us from showing the new forest paths and pretty winter flowers we planted, since noone walked at the project. In fact, noone even saw it, but it's not going anywhere hehe. Next year it will be more colorful as the baby plants my owners planted have grown. The vines look empty and lonely now, as if the finally gave us the good bye symphony we all needed to hear from them, but Maja's parents earned quite a lot by selling it all with a fair price, which made it fun again to put in all that hard work. They ofcourse wanted to lovingly reward Nina (Maja's sister) and Maja and paid "rent" simbolically for their vineyards haha, the first 100 euros they ever made from their land. As a token of motivation and appretiation. It was a cute way of saying thank you and showing their gratitude for all the efforts in the past (which is adorable since they already gifted them with the land haha). And a little  thank you to us two who can not stop being as we are, like "quick silver" hehe.

Maja decided she needs to spend it wisely on something she doesn't have, since it was her gift to him  while he studied in Sydney and we have been borrowing it. This way it will always be a reminder of the day she lost her love but gained an end to horrible memories from the vine and the troubles that came with them, so she decided to get herself a camera, to documents our little advantures from now. I don't mind, I know I' pretty hihi.

Tuesday was a huge stepping stone in our family's history, however devostated by the separation of my owners everyone was and they still are, we instead celebrated the separation from the cruel and unfortunate problem which haunted the family for decades, we won the battle after 30 years. All us dogs who couldn't voice ourselfs and all the people who didn't want to listen, all of us, we finally got to the point where the fight was worth it. And I got so many sausages hihi. Poor Lyra still hasn't recovered from it and is now banned from christmas dinner haha.  And let me tell you! Comfort food and happy food...haha can it get any better for us dogs? No. It just cannot haha.

Tuesday the 1st of october, will forever be marked as the day of our personal loss and combined achievement.
Our new little camera for capturing new memories
On friday my owners family took her shopping, while I was being watched and cuddled at Klemens (our ex roommate) place. He took me playing in the park which is now a contruction zone, since they are making a new bridge and paths all around, so me jumping and digging in the soil piles is just something that makes me happy haha. And we did some research why, why we get so happy while we are getting our paws dirty and as it turns out, studies show, that ph in the soil produces acid which when it comes in contact with skin, it increases production of Dopamine in the body. Dopamine is a very sensitive thing and having lots is...well it's amazing haha. And now we have an excuse why we get our paws dirty hehe.

Once she came to pick me up I felt the energy change, she was hopeful, so she decided to do something, we both needed to do. She got dressed in pretty clothes, not being able to eat all week made her lose weight and she was finally able to wear the pants she bought last year and has never been able to put on, which made her confident and superficially happy haha and I got many kisses as a thank you hehe. She put on those annoyingly sounding heels and told me to stay home alone, I wonder why I never chewed on her shoes hmmm.
She looked me in the eye and told me she WILL be back, but that we both need this everlasting sadness to stop before she gets ill and cannot take care of me. I slept on the bed, didn't follow her like I always do, and she was kind enough to put on a movie on her computer so I didn't feel alone. She was feeling horrible since it was the only night I was ever left alone and she turned around so many times to see if I was upset, but I was strangely calm.
And then she left at 20:55, came back at 3 am with friends and gave me lots of kisses and hugs, then changed her shoes and they took me for a walk. I was happy and people were finally laughing.
It was the hardest night of our new life, but we got thru it and it only gets easier from now on. And then we both, well all 4 of us, let's not forget the cats haha, we all slept. Finally slept.

Neighbours told her I wanted to break the door down at 1 am tho haha, busted! Ups. Hihi. I didn't do any damage anywhere but I guess when I barked the old people woke up haha. I know she hoped the movie player would play the next movie on the list, but it didn't so we know for the next time. When she cheered up, I cheered up, today, no dog growled at me anymore and I kissed and sniffed so many, oh yes. We decided to spend the day outside playing, and then in the evening we decided to watch Cesar Millans biographical show on TV, not in our living room, as it happens once we were ready to, we noticed we do not have that specific overpaid chanel package haha. So instead of being sad, we went for a really long walk in the dark with friends and met many new puppies and dogs. Oh yes, I forgot to mention how absolutely in love I am with my silly little squeeky ball, it's purple like the camera and it has a smiley face hehe. And learnt I really do not like the taste of raw coconut.

They might seem like small steps, but they are in the right direction.
Good bye sad september



Special dedication to Magnus' family: 

Thank you for accepting us into your lives and welcoming us with open arms into your homes. You made us both feel very loved and special. We are priviledged to have met you and we are lucky to once being a part of your beautiful family. You will always be a part of ours and nothing can ever change that, not even this horrible september. Please know we love you and we are not far away.

Which ever part of Norway you reside in, there will always be a piece of our hearts.

kysser, klemmer og tusen takk for alt !!! 

/Pascal & Maja :)

No comments:

Post a Comment