Thursday 8 August 2013

Heat record has been broken!

Slovenia has managed to break the 1950's record of 40,6 celsium. It was measured 40,8 today. Almost all cities were above 40 degrees and lets just say it like this, everyone knows one is not to put air conditioning in the car more or less then 8 degrees diffirence, but air conditioning doesn't go above 25 degrees haha. Icecreams melt really fast, everyone is feeling really unwell and me...well I am not warm while we are the vineyards at all, I swim and bathe and enjoy the water. So I am really grateful to my owner for bringing me up every evening so I can run and cool of.

Maja and I had fun today, we were driven up by a friend and once we got up there it was 40 celsium outside so we hid inside a bit, but I was so excited to swim that I barked at Maja's mom to take me to the water haha and then Maja and I went down to the garden, where it is shade and windy. So much fun down there, I am all wet and all I want to do is play wih apples that have fallen from the neighbours tree, those that I haven't eaten yet haha. The neighbour is really old and doesn't manage to cut the grass and trees in his orchard anymore, so the border with us is very weedy and wild trees have created a green curtain, which is perfect for our plants, those which we planted in the shade.
At the border, under the entrance pergola in the shade
"Shade" under our only flat peach hihi
40 degrees and bumblebees are still working hard, cuties
The damage from sun in the project, poor plants
Maja's favorite rose of them all
The scorching sun has done a lot of damage, the ground is so extremely dry that even with us watering the project everyday, we cannot prevent the drying of some plants, so far none had died yet but, it's bad. Tomorrow is supposed to be "judgement day", the weather will be extreme, hale, rain and winds are supposed to do a lot of damage, but cool the air as they pass us. So we are going up and protecting as much as we can. Atleast the heatwave is over. We made it thru the hottest day in the history of temperature measument of our country and we had fun. It's weird when it gets dark and the temperatures drop to 30 celsium and we think it's nice and cool haha. Emma and Tara don't even go outside during the day, mornings and evenings only, poor girls. Never in Maja's history has she ever seen that young trees needed to be watered, but this year, the heat took it's toll. But the tree that Mags planted when the previous doggy was alive, the pear which was his first tree, and will always remain his pear tree, is loving this watering and warmth.
Mags' first planted tree in May 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment